Answer Me This {Week 3}

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!

I'm joining in on the fun with Kendra at Catholic All Year for this weekly post:

1. Do you have a land line?


Yes, but we just use it to call out on.  We've had too many cell phone issues over the years to feel comfortable solely trusting them for all our phone needs.

2. What is your least favorite food?


I can hear the shouts coming from all corners of the globe now - anyone who knows me knows that I can't stand eggs!  The only way I'll eat them is hard-boiled, like in deviled eggs.  I'm pretty sure I wanted a dog so badly growing up just so I could sneak it eggs off my plate!  (Which didn't work, by the way, because my mom had totally tried that trick when she was a little girl, too!)
  

3. What's on your summer reading list?


Oh, gosh, what's not on my list!  Besides my constant mountain of random nonfiction and fiction checked out from the library (seriously, my name is Lisa, and I have a book problem), I'm reading Brideshead Revisited along with Haley at Carrots for Michaelmas as part of her Carrots Classic Book Club

4. Is there something that people consistently ask for your advice on? What is it?


Lately it's mostly been subjects like homesteading, healthy eating, and frugal living - or baby tips - but I still get tons of teaching questions (I was an elementary teacher before Gv was born) and if someone wants to talk figure skating, I'm definitely the one they come to, because there are just not a lot of professional figure skating coaches hanging around this state. [grin]

5. What's the most physically demanding thing you've ever done?


Besides giving birth?  Because that is No. Joke.

I would say either biking the MS 150 all along A1A with nary a bit of shade for miles and an intense headwind to make things all the more pleasant, or backpacking the West Highland Way across Scotland.  
Sweltering heat already, at sunrise!

Actually, if I had to choose just one, it would probably be the backpacking.  I'm thinking it even beats the giving birth thing, because almost ten years later I can still re-live the moment of tearing off my pack, throwing it to the ground, and stomping off toward a train I spied in the distance, claiming I was "done, Done, DONE with this ridiculousness!" by day three.

(I finished and thought it was one of the best things ever, incidentally, and even used the accomplishment to mentally psych myself up while giving birth)
 
The evening of the backpack-throwing incident, with a smile back on my face.

And I guess the MS 150 wouldn't count anyway, since I went back year after year to do it again, even while pregnant...

6. How do you feel about massages?


Pretty much the same way I feel about baths (see my thoughts on those here) or hair washing at the salon.   

Definitely not a fan.

Unless I've just completed the MS 150, then I'm a fan.

But only for 10 minutes.  That's my limit.
I'd love to hear your Answer Me This answers!  Leave them here in the comments or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  Or, if you blog, then link up to the party and let me know you did here in the comments so I can go check it out!