Creamy Pesto Spinach Dip

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!

When I began brainstorming green dip ideas for Gv's Rainbow Party, several came to mind: guacamole, spinach, artichoke...

I thought of making my Dairy-Free Artichoke Dip or  Dairy-Free Dill Pickle Dip, but since the whole point of my theme was to have everything in rainbow colors, I wanted a dip with a much bolder green hue.

I had pretty much settled on a spinach dip, complete with cream cheese, but decided to add a unique touch with the flavor of pesto.

We usually have tons of fresh basil growing in our garden, but the sun has been especially scorching lately and our basil bush is looking a bit fried.  I used dried basil instead and it provided a very strong, but not unpleasant,  basil flavor.  I will most likely use fresh basil when I make it again in the future, but it's nice to know that either option tastes delicious.

What You Need


1 teaspoon olive oil

5 cloves garlic

1/4 teaspoon salt

10 ounces thawed frozen spinach, squeezed dry

8 teaspoons dried basil (or 1/2 loosely-packed cup of fresh)

1/3 cup cream cheese

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1/3 cup yogurt

1/4 cup Parmesan


What You Do


1.  Dump everything into your Ninja and process until smooth.

I thought this dip was especially tasty with fresh bread squares, but party guests were also devouring it with tortilla chips and fresh veggies.

Since we held the party outdoors at a park, I just served this dip cold, but when we had the leftovers again here at home, G heated it up just enough to get everything all melty and gooey and that was really tasty, too!  I'd say to just go with your mood and whether you want a hot or cold dip!


Would you make this dip with fresh basil, or dried?  Let me know which you use if you try it - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.

Linked up with Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less
Kitchen Fun & Crafty at Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons
Yes Works for Me at We Are THAT Family  
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection 
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom 
Weekend Potluck at Frugal Family Favorites 
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop  
Weekend Traffic Jam